NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. These Official Rules govern the Instacart “October 2021 Survey” Gift Card Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) offered by Maplebear Inc. dba Instacart (“Sponsor”).
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins on October 1, 12:01am Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on October 31 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: Open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years (or the actual age of majority in the state of residence) or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
- Methods of Entry:
- There is only one method of entry into the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period. Each eligible entrant may submit only one (1) entry during the Sweepstakes Period by completing and sending Sponsor’s “October 2021” Survey sent to Entrant via e-mail prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor. None will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or otherwise incomplete entries, all of which will not be honored.
- Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit entries beyond the above-stated limits, for example, by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise, will be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer program, macro, robotic or other automated means are void and will be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limit, incomplete, false, late or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules will be disqualified. Online entrant must be the registered subscriber of the e-mail account by which the entry is made. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account (as specified by the Internet Service Provider) used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the named entrant and/or originating at any other website or method of entry, including (but not limited to) commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites are void. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sponsor’s clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
- Drawing: Five (5) winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about the end of the Sweepstakes Period. All decisions of the Sponsor are final. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received. Prizes consist of only those items specifically described as included in the prize. All fees, federal, state and other taxes, costs and expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Each winner will receive a $300 Visa Gift Card. No cash equivalent available and prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted and no additional compensation will be provided. Gift Card subject to terms and conditions.
- TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES AVAILABLE in this Sweepstakes: $1,500.
- Notification: Potential winners will be notified by e-mail. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days of notification, does not timely respond or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no payment or other compensation will be made to the original potential winner. Recipients of such notification must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability and publicity release within seven (7) days of acceptance or an alternate potential winner may be selected. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining entries. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
- Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects. Entrants are solely responsible for their own actions and agree to hold harmless Sponsor and its respective parent, subsidiaries, divisions and related companies, together with and the respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, assigns and licensees of each of them, and those companies supplying prizes (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any liability for losses, damages or injuries arising in connection with their participation in the Sweepstakes or the award or use of a prize.
- Publicity: Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, (including but not limited to internet and television broadcast) without further consent or compensation except where prohibited.
- General Conditions: Sponsor and each of its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission of any Sweepstakes-related website; failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems or human error; printing or other errors. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor's control. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, a potential winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
- Disputes: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, winner and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in San Francisco, California. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW
Official Rules and Winner’s List
Official Rules also available at https://www.instacart.com/help/section/360007996792
For a copy of these Official Rules or a copy of the Winner’s List please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the title of this sweepstakes in the subject line. If you would like a copy by mail, please send a self-addressed and stamped postcard (Vermont residents may omit postage) to Sponsor: “October 2021 Survey” Gift Card Sweepstakes, Instacart, 50 Beale Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94105, Attention: Product Manager.
Sponsor: Maplebear Inc. dba Instacart, 50 Beale Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94105.